To help the FFS Food Pantry reach its goal of collecting 60,000 pounds by the end of September, it will be open for two special Saturday donations:
Saturday, Aug. 16 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. &
Saturday, Sept. 13 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Our food pantry is always open to accept donations on Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri. from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Wed. from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Thank you for your support!
Hunger in Frisco? Yes, hunger and food insecurity is a reality for many in Frisco and Frisco ISD, which serves Frisco and parts of Little Elm, McKinney, and Plano. In fact, more than 572,000 pounds of healthy food equaling more than 446,000 meals was given at no cost to neighbors in need last year. And the need is growing. As our community grows, so does the need for the FFS Food Pantry. This year the FFS Food Pantry saw a 23.5% increase in use. We are seeing more and more neighbors who, because of a crisis in their household (like illness, divorce or a job loss), need help putting food on the table so they can use their financial resources for other essentials – like mortgage payments, utilities and medications.
FEED FRISCO is a great opportunity for your group, family or organization to make a difference in your community by collecting food and supplies and raising the funds necessary to keeping the only food pantry in Frisco stocked. Every food donation helps in the fight against hunger. when children are on break from school and eating more meals at home, since they do not have access to their school’s free or reduced meal plan. All food collected during these drives will help to feed those who are hungry right here in our area!
Here's How You Can Help!
1. Set up a donation drive for food/supplies or collect funds. This can be done with your Company, HOA, Church, Civic Group, etc... This Tool Kit has valuable information about organizing and running a successful food drive.
2. Select an item(s) from our needs list and set a goal for the amount of items you would like to collect.
3. Complete the Commitment form (download) and send back to FFS c/o Don Kirkwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) or complete online by clicking here.
4. Promote and collect the item/s within your group using promotional flyers (found below). The FFS Office also has 11x17 posters you can use. Please contact us if interested in these.
5. Deliver items to the new FFS Food Pantry in boxes at the agreed on time. The food pantry has boxes you can use.
6. Consider making this an on-going drive to keep the shelf stocked (monthly, quarterly, etc.).
FEED FRISCO Resources
Make a Donation
If you would like to make a financial contribution, you may do so online by clicking here or by mail to Frisco Family Services, P.O. Box 1387, Frisco, TX 75034.
How Your Gifts Make A Difference:
Thank you for your partnership as we serve those facing hunger, homeless and other urgent needs in our community!